Oh yeah baby! All those dreams of EDM superstardom are just over the horizon. And if you jump on this remix contest that Steve Aoki and Guitar Center are pushing, they might be closer than you think.
What’s at stake:
- studio time with the cake master himself
- your brand new single executive produced by Aoki and dropped on Dim Mak
- you’ll get to open for Steve and maybe throw a cake with him, or maybe ride the raft to pick up groupies
- ten grand cash money.
- new gear from Pioneer, Avid, Electro-Voice, GoPro and 8DM
- a feature in Electronic Musician Magazine
- distribution and publishing support from Tunecore
“OK,” you’re saying. “But how do I jump on this wonderful opportunity at stardom and the lush life?”
It’s pretty simple. Head over to the contest page, and register.
Download the stems to Aoki and Kid Ink’s “Delirious.”
Make a fabulous video of you performing your remix. If you do it on a green screen, you can add lizards and lasers and cake to the mix. They do expect something entertaining, so we’d avoid a looping shot of you on the couch. They’re judging you on it. If you want inspiration, or to make sure you’re not doing what everybody else is doing, the leaderboard for the media portion of the contest is full of entries already.
Upload the video to Youtube, and then embed it in the channel you got when you registered for the contest.
Once the remix is done and the video is up, flog that shit to your friends and family. Yes, this contest is almost as much about how much buzz you can generate as it is about the music. But it’s Aoki, so what did you expect? Spectacle is the man’s stock and trade.
After that it’s all about the judging, which you can read about here. While Aoki won’t be sorting through everything that’s submitted, he will be picking the winner from the selections that make it through the initial rounds.
IMPORTANT DETAIL: Everything has to be done and uploaded by 11:59:59 p.m. eastern standard time on Oct. 31, 2014.
Now, all that being said, we really suggest reading the rules carefully. There are lots of little make-or-break details that we’re not going to type out here. No sense in blowing all that loot because you didn’t read the fine print.
Latest posts by Keith Ancker (see all)
- Wizdom Music’s Jordantron Synth Is Packed With Features - September 22, 2014
- Remix Steve Aoki, Win Loot! - September 22, 2014
- Native Instruments Teases the Traktor Kontrol S8, DJs Everywhere Start Drooling - September 22, 2014
- DJOYbeat World Premiere: Tritonal & Paris Blohm feat. Sterling Fox – “Colors (Estiva vs. Juventa Remix)” - September 22, 2014
- Numark Unveils Three Additions to their HF Series Headphones Line - September 19, 2014
- Splice Production Platform Beta Goes Live with DNA Player - September 19, 2014
- Mitosynth for iOS Updates Loads of New Features - September 19, 2014
- U2 and Apple Move Past Free Album Debacle, Planning New Audio Format Together - September 18, 2014
- Audiofile Releases Loop Editor 2 for Mac - September 18, 2014
- Philips Announces Lightning Cable Compatible Fidelio M2L Headphones - September 18, 2014